A breast lift, also known as mastopexy, raises the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour.
- New statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons show since 2000, breast lifts have grown 70% outpacing breast implants 2-to-1.
- Sometimes the areola becomes enlarged over time, and a breast lift will reduce this as well.
- A breast lift can rejuvenate your figure with a breast profile that is more youthful and uplifted.
- A woman’s breasts often change over time, losing their youthful shape and firmness. These changes and loss of skin elasticity can result from:
- Weight fluctuations
- What breast lift surgery won’t do
- Breast lift surgery does not significantly change the size of your breasts or round out the upper part of your breast.
- If you want your breasts to look fuller, consider breast lift and breast augmentation surgery.
- If you want smaller breasts, consider combining breast lift and breast reduction surgery.
- You may be a goodbreast lift candidate if:
- You are physically healthy and maintain a stable weight
- You do not smoke
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts sag or have lost shape and volume
- Your breasts have a flatter, elongated shape or are pendulous
- When unsupported, your nipples fall below the breast crease
- Your nipples and areolas point downward
- You have stretched skin and enlarged areolas
- One breast is lower than the other
- Breast lift surgery is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
- During your breast lift recovery, dressings or bandages will be applied to the incisions after the procedure is completed.
- You’ll need to wear an elastic bandage or support bra to minimize swelling and support your breasts as they heal.
- A small, thin tube may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain any excess blood or fluid that may collect.
Only members can leave feedback for listings. Sign In
No reviews yet
Last updated: Feb 22, 2018 4:06 pm