Buttock augmentation surgery, sometimes referred to as a Brazilian butt liftwhen fat transfer is involved, uses implants, fat grafting or sometimes a combination of both to increase the size of your buttocks. This procedure can:
- Increase fullness, roundness and projection of your buttock
- Improve the balance of your figure
- Enhance your self-image and self-confidence
- Buttock augmentation surgery is right for someone who does not like the shape of their buttock or is looking to balance their body. It is commonly performed in one of two ways, with implants or fat transfer. The fat transfer procedure is commonly known as a “Brazilian butt lift.”
- Buttock augmentation is a very personal procedure and you should do it for yourself, not for someone else.
- You may be a good candidate for buttock augmentationif:
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- You are bothered by the feeling that your buttock is too small
- You are unhappy with the roundness or general shape of your buttock
- Your buttock is asymmetrical
- After buttock augmentation surgery you will be taken into a recovery area to be closely monitored.
- You may be permitted to go home after a few hours. Before leaving, you will be given specific instructions that may include how to care for your buttocks and any areas that may have been liposuctioned following surgery, medications to apply or take orally to aid healing and reduce the risk of infection, and when to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.
- You will be instructed to wear a support garment “around the clock” following your surgery. Your surgeon will tell you how long you need to wear the garment and if there are any other garments that you may have to wear during your recovery.
- Each buttock augmentation procedure has specific steps that you need to take to ensure a healthy recovery and good results:
- Buttock Augmentation With Implants
- You will need to wear a support garment for approximately two to three weeks after your procedure. This will help the skin redrape properly and provide support to the augmented buttocks. Final results are noticeable three months after surgery. At this point, most of the swelling will be gone and the implants will be settled in their normal position.
- Buttock Augmentation With Fat Grafting Recovery
- You will be asked to avoid prolonged sitting for about two weeks (some surgeons prefer longer). This is very important because prolonged sitting will damage the fat.
- You will also be encouraged to sleep face down or on your side. When you do have to sit, you will have to use a pillow or cushion placed behind the legs (hamstring muscles) to help raise the buttock avoiding pressure onto the fat grafts.
- You will also be provided with a support garment that will apply even compression to the areas that were treated with liposuction. In addition, small temporary drains may be placed in existing incisions beneath the skin to remove any excess blood or fluid.
- You will be given specific instructions that may include how to care for the surgical site and drains, medications to apply or take orally to aid healing and reduce the potential for infection, specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health, and when to follow up with your plastic surgeon.
- Your surgeon may encourage you to seek a lymphatic massage from a licensed massage therapist. You can generally resume exercise after six to eight weeks.
- With either procedure, it is important to be informed about the steps you can take to aid your recovery.
Only members can leave feedback for listings. Sign In
No reviews yet
Last updated: Feb 22, 2018 4:06 pm