Over time gravity, stress, environmental factors, heredity and other conditions can contribute to a loss of defined contours in the face, which can wreak havoc on an individual's confidence. A facelift can help restore the youthful forms in the face for a firmer, fresh-faced look.
Many factors play a part in contributing to the overall loss of skin elasticity within the facial structure. Below you will find the two primary factors in created skin elasticity decrease:
- Internal factors such as fluctuations in hormones brought on by aging contribute to major skin changes. For example, women who have experienced menopause, often relate that their skin has thinned, wrinkled, or dried due to the loss of collagen and keratin fibers. Other internal factors due to aging include thinning of skin and loss of facial fat.
- External factors including the environmental air pollutants and sun damage have also been found to contribute to overall skin changes. Without proper skincare, the harsh buildup of pollutants on the skin or intensive UV rays can cause age related spots and decrease in skin elasticity. Other external factors include smoking, stress, and gravity effects.
- Improved Facial Silhouette - As we mature, underlying tissue and muscle can start to sag, eventually changing the contour of our face. A rhydectomy can be performed on the mid and/or lower areas of the face to help restore a refined look to the lower eyelids, cheeks, jawline and neck and liposuction can be performed to remove excess fat from jowls and the neck, for a youthful, smooth, more toned look.
- Tightens Sagging Skin - Over time, skin can lose its elasticity. During a rhydectomy, loose skin is trimmed, gently pulled up and tightened to restore a smoother, firmer appearance.
- Tones Facial Muscles - During a rhydectomy, underlying muscle tissues are readjusted and tightened first. This creates less stress on the skin and provides a solid foundation on which to restore a smoother, firmer facial tone.
- Enhanced Appearance With No Scarring - During a rhytidectomy, incisions are kept subtle, so no one is aware the patient has undergone a facial surgery, unless they tell them.
- Tailored to Fit the Patient’s Needs - The surgeon understands that everyone's face is different; therefore, they will apply different rhytidectomy surgery techniques to meet the patient's individual needs.
Only members can leave feedback for listings. Sign In
No reviews yet
Last updated: Dec 15, 2017 5:38 am