Also known as male breast reduction
The goal of gynecomastia treatment is to reduce breast size in men who are embarrassed by overly large breasts. Reduction methods include liposuction, cutting out excess glandular tissue or using a combination of liposuction and excision.
If you are treated by a board-certified plastic surgeon, gynecomastia can be effectively and safely improved or corrected completely.
When to Consider Gynecomastia Treatment
- If you are reluctant to remove your shirt in public, to swim, to participate in sports or to exercise at a gym.
- If you want to improve your overall body proportions.
- If you experience psychological discomfort associated with large breasts.
- If you want to increase your social confidence.
Are you a good candidate for gynecomastia treatment?Gynecomastia is usually not caused by any serious medical problems; in fact, its cause is rarely identified. However, because there are some medical problems that do cause gynecomastia, your first step is to see your family doctor to rule this out.
- Diet and exercise-resistant fat in the chest area can cause both physical and social discomfort.
- Maintaining a stable weight will ensure that your improved body contour will be long lasting.
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider gynecomastia treatment:
- You are unhappy with the size or appearance of your breasts.
- You experience physical discomfort because of your breasts.
- You have good skin elasticity. Successful gynecomastia surgery involves adequate skin contraction after your excess skin is surgically removed. Your skin may lack the necessary elasticity for good contraction if you are age fifty or older, have significant sun damage, have breasts with a lot of stretch marks or have undergone gastric bypass surgery.
- You have first tried diet and exercise to reduce your breast size.
- You are not significantly overweight. Although surgery will help this patient population, the results will not be as good. For this reason, you should try to get within thirty to forty pounds of your ideal body weight before surgery.
- You do not use marijuana, steroids or drink alcoholic beverages excessively (it is theorized that these substances may cause gynecomastia).
If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
Only members can leave feedback for listings. Sign In
No reviews yet
Last updated: Mar 13, 2018 4:16 pm